Sunday, July 15, 2012

Truth Hurts and Lies Heal

Its true that people hate being lied to but how many times have you been told the truth about something and had it make you feel good. Some lies are worse than others thats true but our society and our lives are all based on lies. Think about how many times in a day you lie to someone, whether its a little white lie or a big one. You lie to a person to save their feelings even tho we know that when they found out that we lied it will just hurt them more. But yet we still do it because we dont really want to hurt that person you want to save them the pain from knowing the truth. Think about it, in a relationship say one person cheats they lie about it because they know when they tell truth it will hurt the other person and they might lose them, but if they tell them a lie they dont get hurt they just keep going. We all do it everyday, we lie to someone to save their feelings because what it all comes down to is that the truth hurts and lies heal. Ive had experiences with this myself, after i got out of a relationship because the other person just needed some time all my friends told me that he would be back. Now really they could have believed that but the reason they told me was because they knew it would make me feel better because if they would have told me the truth that no he isnt coming back it would have mad me even more sad. I don't blame anyone they were just trying to protect me because they love me but how much did they really protect me? Eventually I realized that they were wrong and that the little voice in my head was right, he wasnt coming back. And as much as i was hurting before how much pain did it really save me by them lying to me cause after realizing the truth not only do you have to deal with the pain of it but now its almost worse because you spent that time holding on and hoping that they would come back and all at once it hits you that hes not and that you should have known from the beginning. Then you feel stupid for wasting that time on missing them and keeping ur hopes up of you being together again. We lie to protect the ones we love from the pain that the truth may cause. This is something that I believe will never change because unless you are evil at heart nobody really wants to hurt another person.
Peace CasperTheGhost

No comments:

Post a Comment